Let’s finish strong.
We only have four days to tell the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) that we support the proposal to ban the marketing of unhealthy food and beverages in schools. Already, more than 46,000 people have voiced their support — but we know we can get a lot more people to sign up before the final deadline. Here’s how:
- If you haven’t taken action — this is your absolute last chance. The more of us who raise our voice, the more support the USDA will have, and the more likely the proposal will be implemented effectively. So don’t delay.
- If you have taken action — thank you!!! Now we need your help with a last-minute push on social media. Our friends at MomsRising are hosting a Thunderclap on Friday to promote the campaign and you can join us in taking part! If at least 100 people sign up, a message supporting the campaign will automatically be posted to each person’s individual social media accounts. Who knows… we might even get the campaign trending!
- You don’t have to wait for the Thunderclap to spread the word on Twitter and Facebook, of course. Please promote the campaign early and often! Here are a few messages to get you started:
- Twitter: If you can't sell it, you shouldn't be able to market it! Tell @USDA you support banning junk food in schools: http://bit.ly/1i3UJQF
- Facebook: The USDA’s Smart Snacks guidelines mean schools no longer can sell unhealthy snacks and drinks to students. So why can companies still market these products to kids in schools? Raise your voice to support the USDA’s proposal to ban junk food marketing in schools! http://bit.ly/1i3UJQF
A very big THANK YOU once again to everyone who has taken part in the campaign. Together, we know we can make sure schools across the country become healthier environments for our children and teenagers.