The National Recreation and Park Association (NPRA) is hiring a Program Specialist. Want to join the team?
NRPA is a national, nonprofit with a mission to “advance parks, recreation, and environmental conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all people.” NRPA has an extensive nation-wide reach that represents a network of over 60,000 park and recreation professionals.
In this position, you will:
- Write and source content for blogs, magazines, and newsletters that focus on subjects such as equitable access to parks, parks and displacement, environmental justice, and sustainable communities;
- Support the program manager to provide and coordinate technical assistance for park and recreation agencies selected to receive grants to support local planning efforts;
- Organize community engagement trainings and develop a guide focused on planning and design, maintenance, and programming of parks to facilitate engagement of under-represented communities and address topics such as park equity, gentrification, and health equity;
- Present at and assist in organizing webinars, conference sessions, and videos;
- Participate in partner meetings and help to maintain and establish new partnerships with national organizations;
- Develop and compile grantee and evaluation data to write reports for funders; and
- Complete special projects and assignments, as directed.
- Passionate or highly motivated to impact park equity, environmental justice, health equity, equitable planning, community organizing, and/or green infrastructure
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple, time sensitive tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Willing to travel
Visit NPRA’s website to apply!