February is American Heart Month, and the American Heart Association is celebrating all month long. The first of many events highlighted throughout American Heart Month is tomorrow, February 5th: Go Red for Women’s national wear red day.
The American Heart Association has compiled the 2016 Real Women stories to spread awareness of the issues of women and heart disease. See their personal stories here. We would love for you to celebrate Go Red for Women with us! We wear red because heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year. Share your story and show your support this #HeartMonth and #GoRedWearRed to support women’s heart health.
Join us in celebrating #HeartMonth with these events:
- February 5th—National Wear Red Day
- February 5th—Twitter Chat #HeartChat, 1:00-2:00 p.m. CT
- February 11-14th—Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- February 11th—Red Dress Collection and Fashion Show sponsored by Macy’s
- February 14-20th—Heart Failure Awareness Week
American Heart Month is a great way to remind Americans to focus on our hearts, and encourages us to remind those we care about to do the same. Here are some helpful tips to start living a heart healthier lifestyle.