It’s getting down to the wire.
There are just 11 days left to generate support for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) proposal to ban the marketing of unhealthy food and drinks in schools. And we’re just 3,163 people away from our goal of sending 40,000 comments to the USDA!
Here’s how you can help us get there:
- If for some reason you STILL haven’t sent your comment to the USDA, do so right now. As a Leader in the childhood obesity movement, your voice truly matters – so make sure it is heard!
- Join us for a #FoodFri tweet chat at 1 p.m. Eastern time on Friday. We’ll be chatting with our good friends at MomsRising about the proposal and why it is so important to kids and their families.
- Keep spreading the word on social media! Here are some sample posts to use:
- Twitter: If you can't sell it, you shouldn't be able to market it! Tell @USDA you support banning junk food in schools: http://bit.ly/1i3UJQF
- Facebook: The USDA’s Smart Snacks guidelines mean schools no longer can sell unhealthy snacks and drinks to students. So why can companies still market these products to kids in schools? Raise your voice to support the USDA’s proposal to ban junk food marketing in schools! http://bit.ly/1i3UJQF
THANK YOU to everyone who already has taken action and helped us spread the word about this vital effort.