UPDATE: We exceed our goal of sending 10,000 message to transportation leaders in support of Safe Routes to School programs on Wednesday, which just happened to be National Walk to School Day (perfect timing, right?!?) We're not done yet, though. Let's see how many messages we can get!
Wow! Thanks to Leaders like you, we’re about 1,000 people away from our goal of sending 10,000 messages to transportation leaders asking them to support Safe Routes to School programs.
But we have one more request: Can you help us spread the word via social media?
Below are some tweets and Facebook posts you can share with your social networks to help us get the word out about the importance of Safe Routes programs, which help kids walk and bicycle to school safely. Thanks in advance for sharing these important messages – and if you haven’t taken action, be sure to do so now!
- Tell the new Secy of Transportation to support Safe Routes to School! http://ht.ly/pm5zm
- Kids can’t walk to school if it isn’t safe. Ask Transportation Secy Foxx to support Safe Routes: http://ht.ly/pm5zm
- Did you walk to school? Many kids nowadays can’t b/c the streets aren’t safe. Ask Transportation Secy Foxx to fix that: http://ht.ly/pm5zm
- Kids who walk or bike to school are healthier, better behaved and even earn higher test scores. But they can’t do it if streets are unsafe. Ask new Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx to fund Safe Routes to School programs! http://ht.ly/pm5zm
- Kids across the country are heading back to school! Let’s make sure they can walk or bike there safely. Ask new Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx to fund Safe Routes to School programs! http://ht.ly/pm5zm